PENTAX HOME PAGE, PHOTOGALLERY.COM GET MAKEOVERS AND MOBILE SITE LAUNCHED
DENVER, CO. – PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION unveiled three websites today including two refreshed sites and one mobile. Every site is designed for:
• Easier search and navigation.
• Social and global interaction and sharing.
• Inspiring new and seasoned PENTAXIAN photographers with fresh, informative content.
MAIN PENTAX SITE
With an inviting design, the main PENTAX website www.pentaximaging.com now offers:
• An EXPLORE section that serves as a social media gateway to access and share buzz about PENTAX photography and products via facebook, twitter, youtube and select blog feeds.
• Enhanced education and learning resources to help photographers get the shot.
• One-click access to Spanish translations of select content.
• The entire line of PENTAX product offerings including ILC and compact cameras, lenses, accessories, sport optics including binoculars and scopes.
PENTAX PHOTO GALLERY
First introduced in 2007, the Webby Award winning www.pentaxphotogallery.com has grown to feature over 55,000 images by 600 artists in 90 countries in four years. Major gallery renovations include:
• Faster navigation whether the search is by artist, camera or lens.
• Regularly showcased artists featuring their images, profile and ‘What’s in their camera bag?’
• Featured collections that display premier work in popular categories such as black and white, wildlife, portrait, landscape, etc.
• Discussions tools that enable gallery members to comment on and rate images.
MOBILE PENTAX SITE
With estimates in mind that half of all Americans carry a smartphone, PENTAX launched its first mobile ready site http://m.pentaximaging.com. The mobile site features:
• Irresistible ‘Deal of the Week’ shopping specials from www.pentaxwebstore.com
• A PHOTO TIP OF THE WEEK fed from regular PENTAX tweets #@pentaxian.
• The latest posts from the content-rich www.facebook.com/pentax page.
• A PENTAX dealer locater that uses smartphone location devices to find the nearest authorized retailer online or down the street.
PENTAX invites visitors to comment on the new website designs and content on www.facebook.com/pentax or twitter #@pentaxian as well as a number of other social media outlets that are accessible from the site. PENTAX is a leader in the production of a variety of adventure ready digital cameras including weather-resistant digital SLRs and stylish, compact, waterproof cameras, as well as lenses, flash units, binoculars, scopes, and eyepieces. For more than 90 years, PENTAX has developed durable, reliable products that meet the needs of adventurous consumers and businesses. With new headquarters in Denver, Colorado, PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION is a subsidiary of PENTAX RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. effective October 1, 2011.