Last chance to enter Getty Images SG50 photo competition
– Just two weeks to go to enter Getty Images and iStock by Getty Images competition to capture authentic and diverse moments of daily life in Singapore
15th May 2015, Singapore – There are just two weeks to go to enter Getty Images SG50 competition, which calls for entrants to #RePicture Singapore and capture the diversity of Singapore, family, friends, love, food, city and suburban life and more. Launched in celebration of Singapore’s 50th anniversary of independence, the competition encourages local photographers to capture the real Singapore.
The contest runs until 31 May, 2015, and is open to semi-professional and amateur photographers, as well as creatives in Singapore. Judging criteria is focused on consistency with the theme, composition of the photograph, technical skills and authenticity. The winner receives a fantastic GoPro Hero4 (approximate value of S$700), and has the chance to join the Getty Images team as a contributing photographer, with access to and guidance from Getty Images’ global team of art directors and editors.
Professional commercial photographer and Getty Images freelance photographer Nicky Loh is one of the judges for the SG50 competition and has provided the following top tips on how to take your photography to the next level:
1. Always shoot something that you feel passionate about. Think hard about what your images are communicating; powerful photography always communicates a message.
2. I love the light from 7am-8am and 5pm-7pm in Singapore. That’s when I usually get nice shots – try shooting around that time too.
3. Open your senses to the mundane things and see the beauty in them. Invest a whole day walking around Singapore and surprise yourself with your findings.
4. Don’t just shoot straight on! Challenge your perspective and point of view – shoot around your subject, not just from head height and middle distance. Get up close, get down on the ground, and get up high.
5. Don’t be cliché and copy what’s out there already. Have an opinion of your own and show it in your photographs. Have we seen that approach before? Is it an obvious treatment? Change it up.
Getty Images invites participants to share their imagery using #repicture – images that reflect the nation’s progress since 1965; Singapore’s pioneering spirit; and real-life with people of all backgrounds, gender, and age. Click here for more information about the competition, or visit http://competitions.gettyimages.com/en/competitions/singapore to submit your entries. You can view an inspirational Singapore video here:https://youtu.be/R38fOteFZHU
About Getty Images:
Getty Images is the world’s leader in visual communication, with over 170 million assets available through its premium content site www.gettyimages.com and its leading stock content site www.istock.com. With its advanced search and image recognition technology, Getty Images serves business customers in more than 100 countries and is the first place creative and media professionals turn to discover, purchase and manage images and other digital content. Its award-winning photographers and content creators help customers produce inspiring work which appears every day in the world’s most influential newspapers, magazines, advertising campaigns, films, television programs, books and online media.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of digital media in communications and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit press.gettyimages.com, and for the stories, innovation and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends http://stories.gettyimages.com. Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gettyimages , Twitter athttps://twitter.com/GettyImages, or download Stream, our free consumer app, to view and share the world’s best imagery.