* Picture: EF 75-300mm F4-5.6 III USM.
Before I sold this lens away, I took it to the zoo once and to Indonesia once to try out. Zoo photos turned out fine when used on a tripod but not for those handheld shots. For Indonesia’s shots, under bright sunny condition, this lens performed well and fast enough. Once darkness creeps in, this lens is better left in your dry cabinet. If you are looking out to buy your first telephoto lens and with a tight budget, this is one good starter telephoto lens. Otherwise, I will recommend getting the slightly more expensive IS version or the EF 70-300mm IS USM, which is a better performer anytime.
Though the time I spent with this lens is short, I enjoyed using it for its friendly carry-about weight and shortened length when it’s not extended during zooming. Oh, be warned too in case you get confused. There is another even cheaper version known as Canon EF 75-300mm F4-5.6 III. That is the really the worst cheap range telephoto lens that one will buy. I sold off this lens soon after I bought my EF 70-200mm F4L USM. I guess I may never know how good are the L-Lenses if I don’t first try out the bottom range lenses. But I must also state that I have never regretted buying this lens as my 2nd lens.
(If you are looking for the specs, please google yourself, it’s all over the internet.)
– Filter Size is 58mm
– Lens Hood is ET-60 (Sold separately).
– This Lens is NOT suitable for Infra-red Photography (IR)
– Do not confuse this version with the lesser EF 75-300mm F4-5.6 III. (Non USM)
– Focal Range when used bodies with smaller APS-C sensors – 120-480mm.
– EF Mount is designed for use on Canon’s EOS Full Frame & Cropped Bodies (with corresponding increase x1.6 APS-C or x1.3 APS-H).
What I Like:
– Light and good for travelling
– Sharp photos from F14 onwards.
– Cheap to replace if damaged.
– Micro USM is cool & near silent.
– Sharp photos at 200mm and 300mm stops.
What I Hate:
– No Distance Scale.
– Soft photos when apeture wide open.
– No or very low Resale value. (Brand New RRP SGD $429, Used SGD $180-$250)
*Picture Source Internet.
Add Us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ourshutterjourney
Join Us on Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=104720569560391#!/group.php?gid=104720569560391