The “Snapshots of Heritage” photography competition is organised by Capitol Retail Management Pte Ltd (As Trustee-Manager of Capitol Retail Trust) for Capitol Piazza with Ourshutterjourney.com as the Official Partner.
– The competition is open to all Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and Foreign Expatriates residing in Singapore except Capitol Piazza/Ourshutterjourney.com employees and their immediate family members.
– Images that have won prizes in prior competitions, or have been used for commercial purposes and/or been published will not be eligible.
SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES
– All submissions are to be in digital format with a minimum pixel size of 3600 x 2800 and the organizers may request for higher resolution images subsequently. The original images should be at least 3 MB in size as winning images will be printed and exhibited. Shortlisted finalists will be notified via email to submit their original images within a week for judging
– All submissions must reach us by Sunday, 19 June 2016 before 11.59pm.
– All submissions are allowed simple editing (cropping, tilt-adjustment, saturation, contrasts)
– No Water Marks allowed as there will be a credit tag for your image(s).
– Only Images originated from Singapore will be accepted.
– All submissions must be accompanied by Name, NRIC/FIN/Passport No, Photo Captions (Up to 50 words or more – we are flexible.) and Contact Details. (01 image per email only)
– Captions copied from other sources and not originated from the photographer will be disqualified during judging.
– By submitting your image(s), you agreed that the images will be exhibited at the organizers’ discretion.
– By submitting an image for the competition, the participant will be regarded as having granted the organiser the right to use the image in print, broadcast and/or electronic media without any fee payment, for the purposes of promoting the competition or areas relating to the “Snapshots of Heritage” project.
– For usage of images outside of mentioned project, the photographer’s permission will be seek prior.
– The organizer, curator reserves all rights & decisions pertaining to this competition.
– Participants are entirely responsible for all entry-related costs.
– Each image submitted must be the original and unpublished work of the participant who must also be its copyright owner.
– The participant shall retain copyright to the image entered for the competition.
– By submitting an image for the competition, the participant will be regarded as having granted the organiser the right to use the image in print, broadcast and/or electronic media without any fee payment, for the purposes of promoting the competition or areas related to the organiser’s work.
– Where any image is so used by the organiser, the participant will be acknowledged accordingly.
– Images received by the organiser through the competition will not be used by the organiser for commercial purposes.
– Prizes are non-transferrable and non-exchangeable for cash or in kind.
– Winners are to present their original identification (NRIC/FIN/Passport) for verification for prize collection.
– The organiser reserves the right to change or replace the competition prizes and/or modify the rules and regulations of the competition as and when necessary, without prior notice.
– The organiser shall not be liable for any fault with any of the prizes and any issues or queries relating to the condition of the prizes should be referred to the manufacturer/supplier of the prizes.
JUDGING AND RESULTS
– The images will be selected by a panel of judges and their decision is final. No correspondence pertaining to the selection process and decision will be entertained.
– The panel of judges will evaluate the images based on the following criteria:
– Artistic/visual appeal.
– Extent to which the photograph captures the essence of the theme.
– Images will be judged based on originality, creativity and relevance to the theme.
– The judging panel reserves the right not to award the prizes if the images submitted do not meet the requirements stated in this document.
– Results of the competition will be announced on Thursday, 30 June 2016 on both the “Snapshots of Heritage” competition webpage on Ourshutterjourney.com and Capitol Piazza website. Winners will also be notified via email.
ACCEPTANCE OF RULES AND REGULATIONS
– By submitting an image for the competition, the participant will be regarded as having accepted and agreed to be bound by the rules and regulations of the competition.
– While the organiser will exercise due care during the collection, selection and storage of images, it shall not be held liable for any loss, theft or destruction of the images.