* picture: EF 24-70mm F2.8L USM.
As expected from a L-Series EF Lens, the lens body construction are solid metal, the finishing looks luxurious indeed with a weather-proofed compound – great feature but I found the body coating to be attracting lots of fingerprints. (Ha Ha Ha). This is one heavy lens (950g), very heavy and huge. However, it covers the most effective range for most photography needs when used on my 5D Mark II. On my 350D-IR & 500D, the range increased to 38-110mm which still makes a good walkabout range. (But be warned, when mounted on a cropped body like the XXXD & XXXXD series, the body looks ridiculously small, but looks balanced on XXD series). when mounted with the supplied petal-like hood, this lens looks even larger than life and you may wish to hold on to your lens when you are walking about as someone may accidentally hit your lens + camera combo and get hurt. (Just kidding!)
On the down side, those looking for a “All-Rounder” lens will discover the “Macro” printed on the lens body does not really gives you good magnification capability, but instead, now you have a super zoom that allows you to focus nearer to your subject. Enough have been said about this lens. Since this is the fastest zoom lens in the whole of Canon’s EF & L-Series lens, you know the rest of the story.
(If you are looking for the specs, please google yourself, it’s all over the internet.)
– Filter Size 77mm
– Lens Hood EW-83F (Supplied with Box).
– AF Runs on Super Fast Ring-Ultrasonic Motor (USM).
– The fastest zoom lens from Canon.
– Canon EF Mount is designed for use on Canon’s EOS Full Frame & Cropped Bodies (with corresponding increase x1.6 APS-C or x1.3 APS-H)What I Like:
– Good walkabout range when used on all my EOS Bodies – Cropped or Full Frame.
– Legendary image quality produced.
– Suitable for Infra Red photography.
– Great Bokeh for portraiture shoot.
– Solid Build and weather proofing.
– Supplied Hood.
– Distance Scale.
What I Hate:
– Supplied Lens Pouch adds another white elephant to my storage.
– Very heavy.
*Picture Source Internet.
Add Us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ourshutterjourney
Join Us on Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=104720569560391#!/group.php?gid=104720569560391