*Picture: Sony SAL (DT) 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 SAM
This kit lens is no push-over when compared with direct similars like the Canon EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS or Nikkor 18-55mm (DX) VR. This Kit lens incorporates aspherical and Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements to this all-purpose lens with outstanding image quality. Well, if you are wondering why Canon has Image Stabilizer (IS) & Nikon has Vibration Control (VC) built into their lenses but not Sony, well, Sony’s SteadyShot (SS) is built into the body instead. And it works well with this configuration too. Do not expect Carl Zesis quality with this lens but when compared with the competition, this 7 apeture blades lens produces great image with super quality that will likely to shame photos taken with other brands’ equivalent. Powered by Sony’s Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM), the focusing is reasonably fast and precised, but a tad noisy when the motors works a little hard in low light conditions. (Don’t expect Sony to put SuperSonic Motor (SSM) in kit lens if you are wondering).
(If you are looking for the specs, please google yourself, it’s all over the internet.)
– Filter Size 55mm
– Lens Hood ALC-SH0006 (Sold separately).
– Sony Alpha-Mount DT is designed for use on APS-C Cropped Bodies (with corresponding increase x1.5 APS-C).
– Good Image Quality (Surprisingly) from a Kit Lens.
– Light & small, but feels solid enough to take abuse.
– Lens Build had improved from the previous version.
– Good magnification ratio.
– Nicely Priced.
– 55mm Filters are cheap to buy. What I Hate:
– No Distance Scale Meter.
– Focusing speed is average.
– Hood not supplied.
– Plastic mount.
*Picture Source Internet.
Add Us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ourshutterjourney
Join Us on Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=104720569560391#!/group.php?gid=104720569560391