*Picture: Sony SAL 75-300mm F/4.5-5.6 SAM
When used on our A230 (1.5X Cropped), this lens gives us an impressionable 113mm to 450mm range that allows us to do wildlife & outdoor portraiture work. And among the competition, I can safely say the Sony unit is well designed and constructed which is on par to Nikon’s equivalent which is deemed as the best built lens for this focal range. (Try your hands on these 2 lenses and you will know what I meant). Far superior than Canon’s EF 75-300mm F4-5.6 III (or even the USM version which I used to owned), this lens is screaming value-for-money! The zoom capabilty is x 04 zoom and the magnification ratio is 1:4, which made this lens a possible macro at 100mm stop – but not without a tripod though (and a tad silly as the minimum focusing distance is 1.5 meter – hahaha!).
Apart from the focusing that seems to take forever, I love this lens.
I will recommend this lens to any Sony Alpha user looking to buy a cheap compact zoom lens and to at least own it once. At least.
(If you are looking for the specs, please google yourself, it’s all over the internet.)
– Filter Size 55mm
– Lens Hood SH0007 (Supplied in Box).
– Sony Alpha-Mount (Non-DT) is designed for use on Sony Alpha Full Frame bodies & APS-C Cropped Bodies (with corresponding increase x1.5 APS-C).
– Good Image Quality (Surprisingly) from a Super Cheap Zoom Lens.
– Light & compact, but feels solid enough to take mild abuse.
– Lens Build is good and purposeful.
– Good magnification ratio.
– Cheaply Priced.
– 55mm Filters are cheap to buy.
– Supplied Hood. What I Hate:
– No Distance Scale Meter.
– Focusing Takes forever.
– Crazy Minimum Focusing Distance of 1.5 meter!
*Picture Source Internet.
Add Us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ourshutterjourney
Join Us on Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=104720569560391#!/group.php?gid=104720569560391