Pentax have started to accept pre-order for their latest “Q”. Featuring a unique Q-Mount, this camera looks like it is going to give the guys at Olympus, Panasonic, Sony & even Samsung a hard time. As of now, I only have the below details from Pentax’s USA site.
- The Q features the world’s smallest and lightest Interchangeable Lens Camera body. Experience the PENTAX Q. The Camera. Evolved.
- Newly designed PENTAX Q-mount lens system for specialty Q lenses including prime, zoom, fisheye lenses and more.
- Exceptional image quality in 12.4 megapixels with a backlit CMOS image sensor designed specifically to produce very low noise at high levels of sensitivity for both 12 bit DNG RAW and JPG files.
- Surprisingly durable, sporting lightweight, scratch-resistant magnesium-alloy covers.
- Combines traditional DSLR shooting modes (P, Av, Tv, M) with powerful automatic modes (Auto Picture, Scene).
- Choose from a variety of creative modes, Smart Effect options or camera settings to assign to the Q’s Quick Dial.
- In-camera HDR capture mode blends 3 images of varying exposures into a single, highly detailed shot.
- Full 1080p HD video at 30 frames per second using high quality h.264 compression for superior color and detail.
- Sensor-shift Shake Reduction system with integrated DRII Dust Reduction for stabilized, blur- and dust-free images, even in low lighting.
- Large 3-inch LCD monitor features HVGA resolution with 460,000 dots, as well as wide viewing angles.
- Capture up to 5 FPS continuous shooting mode for fast-action situations.
- Effortless bokeh control with a dedicated bokeh filter designed to enhance lens depth of field for casual and experienced shooters.
- New Smart Effects modes enhance digital photography by applying a series of effects to achieve high-quality finishing.
- Powerful USER modes save a series of favorite camera settings, filters and custom image modes for instant reuse.
- Shutter speeds range from 1/2000 to 30 seconds with bulb mode.
- Built-in popup flash with extra-high extension covers 23 feet at 200 ISO.
- A built-in micro HDMI port outputs video and sound to modern HDTVs.
- Optional shoe-mounted viewfinder attachment is available for glare-free image composition.
What’s in the Box:
- USB Cable I-USB7
- Li-Ion Battery D-LI68
- Battery Charger Kit K-BC68
- Strap O-ST115
- Hotshoe Cover FK
- Body Mount Cover Q
- Software CD-ROM S-SW115
- AC Adapter Kit K-AC115
- AV Cable I-AVC7
- HDMI Cable 3 ft (Micro, Type-D, v1.4)
- Remote Control WP
- Remote Control F
- Q Leather Vintage Case
- 02 Standard Zoom Lens
- 03 Fish-Eye Lens
- 04 Toy Lens Wide
- 05 Toy Lens Telephoto
- Viewfinder O-VF1 47mm (for 01 Standard Prime Lens)
- 100 PL Polarizing Filter 40.5mm