TOKYO – Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G, a normal Micro lens for Nikon DX-format digital-SLR cameras offering a focal length of 40mm and a maximum aperture of f/2.8.
As a normal Micro lens that easily enables close-up shooting as close as 0.163 m for life-size images exhibiting pleasing blur characteristics, the AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G is a new model in the DX-format lens lineup. It is a compact and lightweight lens available at a very reasonable price for those new to digital-SLR cameras and those currently looking to add to a lens purchased as a set with a Nikon digital-SLR camera. In addition to a built-in Silent Wave Motor(SWM) that enables the quiet autofocus operation vital to close-up photography of insects and animals, the AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G also offers a number of convenient features, including two focus modes—M/A (autofocus with manual override) and M (manual).
Nikon has long had the support of professional and advanced amateur photographers for its consistent development of innovative products that respond to the demands of users and are equipped with the optical technologies Nikon has spent years cultivating as a manufacturer of optical devices. Nikon intends to continue to expand and strengthen the NIKKOR lineup with the steady release of new, high-performance lenses that offer advanced functions.
AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G Primary Features
- A bright and fast, normal Micro lens for DX-format cameras offering a 40mm fixed focal length and a maximum aperture of f/2.8
- Enables the life-size reproduction and pleasing blur characteristics possible only with a Micro lens
- Enables extremely close-up shooting with a minimum focus distance of just 0.163 m
- Equipped with a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for extremely quiet autofocusing
- Equipped with two focus modes: M/A (autofocus with manual override) and M (manual)
- A size and weight that makes it very portable
AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G Primary Specifications
Focal length 40mm Maximum aperture f/2.8 Minimum aperture f/22 Lens construction 9 elements in 7 groups Angle of view 38°50′ Minimum focus distance 0.163 m*(1:1)
- *from focal plane
Maximum reproduction ratio 1x No. of diaphragm blades 7(rounded) Filter attachment size 52 mm Dimensions Approximately 68.5 mm diameter x 64.5 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange) Weight Approximately 235 g Supplied accessories 52 mm snap-on Front Lens Cap LC-52, Rear Lens Cap LF-4, Bayonet Hood HB-61, Flexible Lens Pouch CL-0915