Ever wonder what would have been the result had Apple decides to work more seriously with Camera Manufacturers?
Can You imagine the next iPhone that probably comes with a Carl Zeiss 17.5mm (26mm equivalent in 35mm format) with a super bright aperture of F1.5? And the Zeiss lens even comes in a Pancake!
Here’s an imagined specifications which I think might be possible: –
iPhone Carl Zeiss Edition.
– APS-C type CMOS Sensor (23.5 x 15.7mm)
– 21.6 Megapixel
– RGB (Primary) color filter array
– Apple Lens Mount (Ai-Mount)
– Sound Waves Sensor Cleaning
– Aspect Ratio in 3:2, 16:9 & 1:1
– Recording in Raw, Raw + Jpeg & the regular Jpeg Fine, Jpeg Medium & Jpeg Small.
– Full HD 1080 Video Recording.
– Built in Body Image Stabilizer.
– Exposure Mode (Via Carl Zeiss Apps from iTunes) Program, Manual, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority & Automatic.
– ISO Sensitive 100-6400 (expandable to ISO50- 12,800)
– Metering via its newly developed 149 zones vary-light meter allowing spot metering or wide area metering.
– Exposure compensation can now adjusted in 1/2 & 1/3 steps, this iphone allows 1/5 & 1/8 adjustments. (via apps)
– White Balance modes comes in Auto (AWB), Sunlight, Low Light, No Light, Weird Light.
– Drive Modes available are Single, Continuous High (18fps), Continuous Low (7fps), Timer (2-30 seconds), Bulb.
– PictBridge & GPS Compliant (via Apps)
Amazed? Before you leave this page to Amazon or eBay to search for this, Please don’t.
I would like to clarify again that the above is imagined and it is not real. I am just talking about the possibilities.
All specs above are stolen from a variety of camera’s specifications ranging from Canon, Nikon, Sony, Pentax, Olympus & Samsung.
Please don’t come after me for whatsoever reasons. This post is meant to be a joke. 🙂