Picture: Apple iPhone with Carl Zeiss 175/1.5 Pancake (Taken From Internet, Source Unknown).
Ever wonder what would have been the result had Apple decides to work more seriously with Camera Manufacturers?
Can You imagine the next iPhone that probably comes with a Carl Zeiss 17.5mm (26mm equivalent in 35mm format) with a super bright aperture of F1.5? And the Zeiss lens even comes in a Pancake!
Here’s an imagined specifications which I think might be possible: –
iPhone Carl Zeiss Edition.
– APS-C type CMOS Sensor (23.5 x 15.7mm)
– 21.6 Megapixel
– RGB (Primary) color filter array
– Apple Lens Mount (Ai-Mount)
– Sound Waves Sensor Cleaning
– Aspect Ratio in 3:2, 16:9 & 1:1
– Recording in Raw, Raw + Jpeg & the regular Jpeg Fine, Jpeg Medium & Jpeg Small.
– Full HD 1080 Video Recording.
– Built in Body Image Stabilizer.
– Exposure Mode (Via Carl Zeiss Apps from iTunes) Program, Manual, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority & Automatic.
– ISO Sensitive 100-6400 (expandable to ISO50- 12,800)
– Metering via its newly developed 149 zones vary-light meter allowing spot metering or wide area metering.
– Exposure compensation can now adjusted in 1/2 & 1/3 steps, this iphone allows 1/5 & 1/8 adjustments. (via apps)
– White Balance modes comes in Auto (AWB), Sunlight, Low Light, No Light, Weird Light.
– Drive Modes available are Single, Continuous High (18fps), Continuous Low (7fps), Timer (2-30 seconds), Bulb.
– PictBridge & GPS Compliant (via Apps)
Picture: The New Ai-Mount lens mount showing the low pass filter.
Picture: 12 contact points between the lens and the iphone to related distance information,
metering processes, AF confirmation and focusing, AI-Servo algorithms and Image Stabilizer Sensories.
Amazed? Before you leave this page to Amazon or eBay to search for this, Please don’t.
I would like to clarify again that the above is imagined and it is not real. I am just talking about the possibilities.
All specs above are stolen from a variety of camera’s specifications ranging from Canon, Nikon, Sony, Pentax, Olympus & Samsung.
Please don’t come after me for whatsoever reasons. This post is meant to be a joke. 🙂