Ceylon Paradise of Sri Lanka
– by Ourshutterjourney’s Appointed Travel Agent – Xing Asia.
Depart: 6th Aug 2014, Wednesday
Return: 12th Aug 2014, Tuesday
Price: SGD1250 (Twin share) / SGD1550 (Single)
Group Size : 6 (min) / 16 (max)
– Negombo known for its huge and old fishing industry
– World Heritage of Lion Rock at Sigirya
– Golden Temple of Dambulla, a UNESCO site with the largest and best-preserved cave temple complex in country
– The Grand Esala Perahera festival held in Kandy
– Pinnawala Elephant orphanage, the only two of elephant orphanage in the world
– Ceylon tea plantation at Nuwara Eliya
– Galle Fort in the Bay of Galle, built in 1588 by the Portugese
– Stilt fishing where the fishermen sit on a cross bar tied to a vertical pole planted into the coral reef
Day 1/ Singapore – Colombo (D)
Depart from Changi Aiport, arrive Colombo airport. Transfer to Colombo, check in hotel and rest. Morning visit Kelaniya temple where a dagoba (stupa) was built after Buddha visited the site at 5th century BC. After lunch, visit Colombo town and Fort Station, where it is the terminal of most intercity trains in the country. Busy activities of local commuters in this railway hub. Proceed to Galle Face Green for the sunset. Overnight at Colombo.
Day 2/Sigirya Lion Rock (B/D)
Morning visit to Negombo beach for the fisherman activities and boat ride along Dutch canal to experience the village life. After lunch, driver to ancient city of Sigiriya. Visit the World Heritage Lion Rock, a fortress of ruin capital was built on top of the mountian. Overnight at Sigirya.
Day 3/ Dambulla Cave (B/D)
Check out and drive to Golden Temple of Dambulla, a cave temple dated 2nd centuries BC. Continue to visit Nalanda Gedige which is one of the remarkable archaeological sites in Sri Lanka. After lunch, arrive at Kandy, the center of the traditional arts in Sri Lanka and visit the handicraft village. Overnight at Kandy.
Day 4/ Kandy (B/D)
Visit Pinnawala Elephant orphanage, a nursery and captive breeding ground for wild Asian elephants. Back to Kandy town for city walk at your own leisure. Late evening, proceed to location for the Esala Perahera festival. Overnight at Kandy.
Day 5/Nuwaraeliya (B/D)
After breakfast, drive to Nuwaraeliya the center of hill country. En-route visit a tea plantation to understand the manufacture of the world famous Ceylon tea. After lunch, drive to Galle Fort. Sunset at Galle fort and overnight at Galle.
Day 6/ Galle (B/D)
Sunrise over Indian Ocean from Galle fort. The fort was originally built by Portugese and extensively fortified by the Dutch during the 17th century. The heritage value of the fort has been recognized by the UNESCO. We will spend rest of the day to explore the city of Galle. Overnight at Galle.
Day 7/ Stilt Fishing (B)
Sunrise and witness the traditional tilt fishing at southern of Sri Lanka. Proceed to airport in late morning.
Package Inclusions :
– Fully private tour in vehicle with extra seat for photography equipment
– 7 nights accommodation at comfortable hotel
– AC room and twin sharing basis
– All entrance fees and permit
– All meals as per itinerary above
– Xing Asia tour leader
– Photography guidance by Master Photographer (MPAUK)
– International flight to Colombo, Sri Lanka (Participants to purchase flight tickets only upon trip confirmation)
– Visa entry to Sri Lanka (if applicable)
– Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
– Additional beverages (including alcohol) not included in meals
– Any other incidental expenses incurred by participants
– Tips for both driver and local guide per person (voluntary basis)
– Colombo temperature : 32° / 24°
– Kandy temperature : 28° / 19°
– Able to carry own photography equipment and personal chores
– Wide angle to tele range
– Graduated neutral density filter, Neutral density filter, Circular Polarizer (CPL), Tripod
– Suggest to carry another spare body, battery, and charger. If your equipment stops working during the trip for whatever reason, it is unlikely to find a repair shop or buy a replacement.
Suggested airline and flight detail as follow :
– Airline : Emirates Airline
– Price : Promotion from SGD468 onwards
– Depart : Wednesday 6 Aug 2014 / 77W / 0050 0155
– Return : Tuesday 12 Aug 2014 / 77W / 1505 2135
Xing Asia is a fully licensed travel agent by Singapore Tourism Board. We seek to provide exceptional value and authentic experience for like minded people to experience Asia and beyond through the eyes of our lenses.
We differentiate ourselves by creating a platform for people to share and express their passion through immersing themselves in the local culture and lifestyles, befriending the locals and giving back to the community.
Our mission is to ensure that your photographic travel experience expands your soul, refresh your perspectives and rejuvenate your spirit.
Join us for a journey of new beginnings, friendships and an enriching experience! For more trips & information, Please visit www.xing-Asia.com
Supported by ourshutterjourney.com
Shutter journey member would get to enjoy FREE
Individual Basic single trip travel insurance for the trip.