Terms & Conditions
The “Snapshots of A Little Red Dot” photography competition is organised by Capitol Retail Management Pte Ltd (As Trustee-Manager of Capitol Retail Trust) for Capitol Piazza with Ourshutterjourney.com as the Official Partner.
- The competition is open to all Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and Foreign Expatriates residing in Singapore except employees of Capitol Piazza, Ourshutterjourney LLP, other sponsors and partners and their immediate family members.
- Images that have won prizes in prior competitions, or have been used for commercial purposes and/or been published will not be eligible.
SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES
- All submissions are to be in digital format with a minimum pixel size of 3600 x 2800 and the organizers may request for higher resolution images subsequently.
- All submissions are to be strictly in landscape orientation. (Square-Cropped, Portrait-Orientation or Panorama Not Allowed)
- The original images should be at least 2 MB in size as winning images & selected images will be printed and exhibited.
- All submissions must reach us by Tuesday, 20 June 2017 before 11.59pm.
- All submissions are allowed simple editing (cropping, tilt-adjustment, saturation, contrasts, exposures)
- There is no limit to how many entries a person can submit.
- Submitting of duplicate images for the competition is not allowed.
- No Water Marks allowed as there will be a credit tag for your exhibited image(s).
- No Frames are to be added to the original image.
- Only Images originated from Singapore will be accepted.
- All submissions must be accompanied by Name, NRIC/FIN/Passport No, Photo Captions (Up to 30 words including Photo Title if any) and Contact Details.
- 01 x image per email only, download links via WeTransfer, Dropbox etc are not accepted. 01 Fresh Email per submission. Multiple-Entries within 01 email not allowed. (Please do not use “Reply to” for New Entries. Please send fresh email.)
- Captions copied from other sources and not originated from the photographer will be disqualified during judging. (Example: Wikipedia)
- By submitting your image(s), you agreed that the images will be exhibited at the organizers’ discretion.
- By submitting an image for the competition, the participant will be regarded as having granted the organiser the right to use the image in print, broadcast and/or electronic media without any fee payment, for the purposes of promoting this competition or areas relating to the “Snapshots of A Little Red Dot” project.
- For usage of images outside of mentioned project, the photographer’s permission will be sought prior.
- The Organizer, Curator & Appointed Judges reserves all rights & decisions pertaining to this competition.
- Participants are entirely responsible for all entry-related costs.
- Each image submitted must be the original and unpublished work of the participant who must also be its copyright owner.
- The participant shall retain copyright to the image entered for the competition.
- By submitting an image for the competition, the participant will be regarded as having granted the organiser the right to use the image in print, broadcast and/or electronic media without any fee payment, for the purposes of promoting this competition or areas related to the organiser’s work.
- Where any image is so used by the organiser, the participant will be acknowledged accordingly.
- Images received by the organiser through the competition will not be used by the organiser for commercial purposes.
- Prizes are non-transferrable and non-exchangeable for cash or in kind.
- Winners are to present their original identification (NRIC/FIN/Passport) for verification for prize collection.
- The organiser reserves the right to change or replace the competition prizes and/or modify the rules and regulations of the competition as and when necessary, without prior notice.
- The organiser shall not be liable for any fault with any of the prizes and any issues or queries relating to the condition of the prizes should be referred to the manufacturer/supplier of the prizes.
JUDGING AND RESULTS
- The images will be selected by an appointed panel of judges and their decision is final. No correspondence pertaining to the selection process and decision will be entertained.
- The panel of judges will evaluate the images based on the following criteria:
- Artistic/visual appeal.
- Extent to which the photograph captures the essence of the theme.
- Images will be judged based on originality, creativity and relevance to the theme.
- The judging panel reserves the right not to award the prizes if the images submitted do not meet the requirements stated in this document.
- Results of the competition will be announced on Friday, 30 June 2017on both the “Snapshots of A Little Red Dot” competition webpage on Ourshutterjourney.com and Capitol Piazza website plus all social media.
- Winners will also be notified via email.
ACCEPTANCE OF RULES AND REGULATIONS
- By submitting an image for the competition, the participant will be regarded as having accepted and agreed to be bound by the rules and regulations of the competition.
- While the organiser will exercise due care during the collection, selection and storage of images, it shall not be held liable for any loss, theft or destruction of the images.
Organizer: Capitol Piazza
Capitol Piazza panders to all who come seeking life’s finer pleasures. With seamlessly connected bespoke zones of retail, dining and entertainment, each promises businesses and customers an experience beyond exceptional.
Official Partner: Ourshutterjourney.com
Founded in 2009, Shutter Journey Singapore is one of the fastest growing photography consortium in Singapore. With 12 specific photography groups and 6 associated groups, the group has a combined memberships/ subscribers of over 200,000 at press time. Probably the first hobby photography group in Singapore with their very own authorized service centre, a network of accredited photography merchants, registered membership program & lots of activities, no wonder they are known as the Advocators of Carefree photography.
Olympus Singapore Pte Ltd is a subsidiary of Olympus Corporation, headquartered
in Japan. Olympus Singapore Pte Ltd is responsible for the marketing and distribution of Olympus consumer products in Singapore. The Olympus consumer range encompasses still and video imaging products, binoculars and digital audio recorders.
Your Vision, Our Future.
Official Sponsor: Cathay Photo Store Pte Ltd
Established in 1959, Cathay Photo since its very beginning has been driven by the objectives of providing the best photographic equipment, pricing and service to our customers. These objectives have ensured its continued growth from just two humble showcases occupying a quarter of a shop-front to its present five retail outlets, an administrative / distribution office and a warehouse.
It is constantly on the lookout for the latest gadgets and solutions to add to its line-up of over 60 internationally renowned brands, and recognizing the growing presence and popularity of HD video, due largely to the introduction of DSLR cameras with HD video capabilities, it made its foray into the Pro Video market, expanding its offering to products from brands such as Steadicam, Zacuto, Kessler Crane and Genus to name a few.
Having served the photography industry for over 50 years, and backed by its proud heritage, Cathay Photo is without doubt the preferred photographic retailer in Singapore today.
Official Lifestyle Media
Time Out Singapore is the most trusted source for events and culture in Singapore thanks to its independent, impartial, interesting and unbiased editorial and advice on what to do – making it unique from every other publication in the country and therefore enjoying a huge, loyal readership.
Time Out Singapore is among the most influential magazines in the little red dot, boasting a readership of over 600,000 affluent, outgoing people who share a love of finding out what’s going on and who actively participate in everything that’s happening in their city.