This DT 16-105mm was designed & manufactured as a premium and upmarket "kit lens" for the A700. This is no ordinary kit lens indeed, look at the lens group you will find the presence of 1 ED glass and 2 aspherical glass – not common for most kit lenses – which already explains the RRP which this lens is commanding. At wide open (F3.5), the circular apeture gives a background blur almost similar to a F2.8 while increasing contrast and cuts abberation which makes this lens sweeter to use.
Using it, this lens produce excellent picture quality and the range is great for practically any form of photography! Size and weight is travel-friendly and if you can ONLY bring one lens with you on a trip? This is that One lens you will need.
*Picture: Sony SAL (DT) 16-105mm F/3.5-5.6 SAM
(If you are looking for the specs, please google yourself, it’s all over the internet.)
– Filter Size 62mm
– Lens Hood ALC-SH105 (Supplied in Box).
– Sony Alpha-Mount (DT) is designed for use on Sony Alpha’s Cropped Bodies with APS-C sensors (with corresponding increase x1.5 APS-C).
– Good Image Quality.
– Light & compact size for this focal range.
– Lens Build feels solid and well put together.
– Lens design is good and purposeful.
– Nicely Priced. (Not cheap either!)
– Supplied Hood.
– Distance Scale Meter.
– Internal Focusing. What I Hate:
– Weird 62mm filter size.
– Focusing can be slow between 70mm to 105mm stops.
*Picture Source Internet.
Add Us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ourshutterjourney
Join Us on Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=104720569560391#!/group.php?gid=104720569560391