Metz Mecablitz 15 MS-1 – Macro Ring Flash
– Featuring Dyan Tjhia.
Photo: Dyan Tjhia & her camera fitted with Metz Mecablitz 15 MS-1 – Macro Ring Flash
30th September 2014, Singapore – Famed for their high quality flashes that are favored by professional photographers from around the world, German Flash maker METZ has an interesting flash among their product line of professional flashes – the Mecablitz 15 MS-1. This professional macro flash is unique in many ways, the MS-1 runs on a wireless macro flash system via two individually-controlled reflectors that promises the user precision illumination and a balanced light distribution which many other macro flashes struggles. Metz managed to figure out what type of light adjustments, light throw and illumination control that a macro photographer really need and use.
Another interesting point to note is, the Metz Mecablitz 15 MS-1 operates via wireless TTL which is controlled by the master flash mounted on the hot shoe. And this professional flash runs on just 02 AAA batteries which I will not share where the battery chamber is. It took us (pretty amazing after we found the battery chamber) a while at first to figure out how to use this flash.
We decided to invite Dyan Tjhia, an avid macro photographer as well as an award-winning sports photographer to take the Metz Mecablitz 15 MS-1 out for a day and below are the photos that Dyan had shot using her camera with the Metz Mecablitz 15 MS-1 . Let’s check out her photos below. If you searching for the specifications, it’s right below after the jump.
I am sure that you will agree that Dyan’s photos above were awesome. It is no wonder why the Metz Mecablitz 15 MS-1 (a true performer flash that) is trusted & used by professional macro photographers. Personally, I like the wireless TTL feature as I get pretty irritated by coiled cables from other macro flashes. From Dyan’s photos above, we noted on the even distribution of light, the not-so-harsh flash landed on the subject pretty gently if I must describe in easy terms.
Priced competitively, the Metz Mecablitz 15 MS-1 is one excellent (and interesting) macro flash to purchase. Get yours today!
Buy the Metz Mecablitz 15 MS-1 here.
– Wireless TTL flash control
– Two reflector system, individually pivoting (0°, 10°, 20°) and separately controlled
– Ratio function (light distribution from left to right
– Horizontal (20°) pivoting reflector
– Dot matrix display
– Standard 50 mm illumination
– Enclosed bouncer disc for softer illumination
– Adjustable light (modelling light)
– Integrated autofocus auxiliary light
– Flash standby and exposure control indicator on flash unit
– Flash functions for specific camera models in remote TTL mode
Operates as slave flash unit in the following operating modes:
– E-TTL – remote flash mode (Canon)
– i-TTL- remote flash mode (Nikon / Fujifilm)
– P-TTL remote flash mode (Pentax / Samsung)
– Four-Thirds TTL remote flash mode (Olympus / Panasonic / Leica)
– ADI remote flash mode (Sony Alpha)
Basic flash functions
– TTL remote flash operating mode (as slave unit)
– Slave flash mode with pre-flash suppression
– Slave flash mode with learn function
– Manual flash mode with 6 partial lighting levels
– 1st and 2nd shutter curtain synchronization
– Max. guide number (GN) of 15 for ISO 100/21° and 50 mm
– High number of flashes (e.g. 200 full flashes with NiMH batteries, 1000 mAh)
– Flash recycle time 0.3 – 5 secs (depending on the energy source and flash output)
Included in delivery
– 52, 55 and 58 mm adapter rings
– Bouncer disc
– IR clip-ons
– Belt pouch
The Metz mecablitz 15 MS-1 digital that is directly mounted on the lens, and is suitable for nearly all cameras DSLRs from Canon, Nikon, Olympus/Panasonic, Pentax/Samsung or Sony Alpha.
Proudly Distributed in Singapore by Schmidt Marketing.
Follow Us or Contact Us below: