Olympus Announcements 22nd September 2016, Singapore – Olympus made a few announcements concurrently and here’s a quick summary of what’s to come. – Olympus Singapore announces the development of the new OM-D E-M1 Mark II.
– Olympus selfie-ready camera series return with the new PEN E-PL8.
– Olympus launches new M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-100mm F4.0 IS PRO lens.
– Olympus Singapore launches the new M.Zuiko Digital ED 30mm F3.5 Macro.
– Olympus Singapore launches the new M.Zuiko 25 mm F1.2 PRO
1) Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II.
Olympus Singapore is pleased to announce the development of the new OM-D E-M1 Mark II. Advancing from the highly successful OM-D EM1 flagship series which was launched in 2013, the upcoming successor sees a boost of technological advancements which enables it to surpass DSLRs while bringing portability and image quality into the next dimension. Featuring a maximum 18 fps high-speed sequential shooting in AF/AE tracking, newly developed TruePic VIII image processor, 20.4 Megapixel Live MOS sensor equipped with the latest 121-point all cross-type On-chip Phase Detection AF sensor and an advanced 5-axis Image Stabilization system, the OM-D E-M1 Mark II
resonates uncompromised image quality and system excellence that is synonymous with the Olympus OM-D series flagship model.
The roll out of this advanced system will now enable all photographers to capture every detail in sports, motoring and nature photography – while maintaining the compact and mobility of Olympus mirrorless cameras. Coupled with the M. Zuiko PRO lens series, the Olympus system is set to provide photographers with an unbridled freedom of photographic expression.
1. Maximum 18 fps sequential shooting performance in AF/AE tracking
2. Advanced DUAL FAST AF with 121-point all cross-type sensor
3. New Pro Capture mode for lag-free shooting
4. 20.4 Megapixel Live MOS sensor with new High-speed TruePic VIII image processor
11. Silent Mode for noiseless shooting environment.
2) Olympus PEN E-PL8.
Olympus Singapore is pleased to announce the latest addition of the PEN E-PL8 to the PEN series. The PEN E-PL8 is set to reinvent the definition of high-quality mobile shooting with excellent selfie functions. Capturing selfies on-the-go has never been easier with the new compact and lightweight PEN model, featuring enhanced shooting and connectivity capabilities.
The Olympus PEN E-PL8 offers premium design inherited from the PEN series, a Touch Selfie Mode and a wide range of creative shooting features that provides complete freedom of photographic expression. These features can be used not only with still images, but also with movies, which have shown increasing popularity on social networks in recent years.
With excellent photo and video image quality synonymous with an interchangeable lens camera, coupled with smartphone connectivity that lets you share your images then and there, the PEN delivers an experience that people have come to expect from photography
The PEN E-PL8 Touch Selfie Mode is now enhanced with an additional Movie Clips function that allows users to record selfie movies and edit them via the Movie Effect button. A dedicated Art Filter mode also allows users to have a live view selection of their selfie movies, hence eliminating any time wasted on editing.
Feature Highlights 1. 180 degree – flip down LCD screen optimised for touch-selfie shooting with special selfie-interface
2. Enhanced video recording mode featuring Clips, Art Filter and Movie Effects mode
3. 3-Axis VCM Image Stabilisation(in body) with-3.5EV spec that works with all lenses
4. 3” capacitive touch LCD with 1.04 million dots (3:2)
5. 16.1 Megapixel LiveMOS image sensor
6. TruePic VII image engine with automatic CA correction, diffraction compensation and lens sharpness optimisation technology
7. 8 frames per second shooting speed.
8. 81-point FAST-AF focusing system
9. 1080P Full HD video recording
10. Wi-fi camera control and image sharing from iOS/Android smart devices using Olympus OI.Share app
11. M.Zuiko 14-42mm EZ kit lens (28-84mm equiv)
3) Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-100mm F4.0 IS PRO lens
Olympus Singapore is pleased to announce the launch of the new M.Zuiko Digital ED
12-100mm F4.0 IS PRO. The first high-magnification zoom lens with powerful image
stabilization in the M.Zuiko PRO category. This compact, lightweight, high-performance, high-magnification professional zoom lens features a dustproof, splashproof and freezeproof (-10°) construction along with an image stabilization mechanism.
It conforms to the Micro Four Thirds System standard and provides amazing mobility. When combined with a compatible camera body, the in-body 5-axis sync IS is enhanced, enabling the world’s most powerful 6.5 shutter speed steps of compensation performance,
expanding the range of hand-held shooting scenes.
1. 5-axis sync IS with the world’s most powerful 6.5 stops compensation
2. 24-200m equivalent (35mm format) cover a focal length that requires two average zoom lenses
3. Dustproof, splash proof and freeze proof (-10°C)
4. Z Coating Nano technology significantly reducing ghost & flaring
5. 17 Elements in 11 Groups optical design using DSA, ED, HR and Super HR high performance lens elements
6. 1.5cm (from the end of the lens) near shooting distance at all zoom settings
7. Maximum shooting magnification of 0.6 x (35mm equivalent)
8. 7-blade circular aperture diaphragm
9. Design styling matched to OM-D E-M1 Mark II body
10. 72mm filter diameter
4) Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 30mm F3.5 Macro
Olympus Singapore is pleased to announce the launch of the premium macro lens, M.Zuiko Digital ED 30mm F3.5 Macro (35mm equivalent: 60mm). The new M.Zuiko Digital ED 30mm F3.5 premium macro lens, which conforms to the Micro Four Thirds System standard, features a maximum image magnification of 2.5x (35mm equivalent) making it
the highest in its class. The high powered magnification allows users the ability to approach subjects up to 1.4cm away from the end of the lens for a whole new world of macro shooting expression.
The new M.Zuiko Digital ED 30mm F3.5 Macro provides sharpness and beautiful defocusing effects appropriate to a lens in the M.Zuiko Premium category. Furthermore, when combined with the 5-axis Image Stabilization of the OM-D and PEN cameras, users can enjoy high magnification shooting, without worrying about camera shake.
1. 30mm F3.5 (60mm in 35mm equivalent)
2. Highest in class magnification of 2.5x (35mm equivalent)
3.Superior macro capabilities, 1.4cm (from the end of the lens) near shooting distance
at all zoom settings
4. High-speed AF even in macro range
5. 7 Elements in 6 Groups optical design using DSA, Aspherical, and EDA high performance
6. 7-blade circular aperture
7. Design styling matched to OM-D series camera bodies
8. 46mm filter diameter
9. Lightweight and compact: 128g; L 60mm x D 57mm
5) Olympus M.Zuiko 25 mm F1.2 PRO
Olympus Singapore is pleased to announce the launch of the new M.Zuiko Digital ED 25mm F1.2 PRO (35mm equivalent: 50mm). This large-diameter single-focal-length lens, which conforms to the Micro Four Thirds System standard, features dustproof, splash proof and freeze proof construction with excellent resolution performance and outstanding image quality. This lens thoroughly removes all types of aberrations common to large-diameter lenses, and achieves superb resolution performance from the widest aperture setting of f1.2, by lavishly using 19 lenses including 8 special lenses in an effective arrangement. The latest optical technologies provide not only superb resolution performance, but also beautiful, natural de-focusing effects.
The high-speed AF and silent MSC (Movie & Still Compatible) technology makes
autofocusing fast and highly precise. This allows users to capture still images and movies
without any stress especially when shooting in a shallow depth of field at the widest aperture setting. Users can also simply select Face Detect AF or Eye Detect AF for accurate focusing on faces or eyes for better portrait photography.
1. Widest aperture setting of F1.2 with excellent resolution performance
2. 50mm equivalent (35mm format)
3. Splash, Dust and Freezeproof (-10C)
4. High-speed, high precision AF and silent MSC (Movie & Still Compatible) technology
5. Limits chromatic aberration with 19 Elements in 14 Groups optical design
6. Super ED, ED, E-HR, Aspherical and HR high performance lens elements
7. 0.3m near shooting distance at all zoom settings
8. Z Coating Nano technology significantly reducing ghosts and flaring.
9. 9-blade circular aperture diaphragm
Olympus Singapore Pte Ltd is a subsidiary of Olympus Corporation, headquartered
in Japan. Olympus Singapore Pte Ltd is responsible for the marketing and distribution of Olympus consumer products in Singapore. The Olympus consumer range encompasses still and video imaging products, binoculars and digital audio recorders.
Your Vision, Our Future.