21st April 2017, Singapore – Following 2016’s successful Snapshots of Heritage Photo Competition & Exhibition, Capitol Piazza is teaming up with Ourshutterjourney.com again for 2017 to bring you the Snapshots of A Little Dot Photo Competition & Exhibition! As the “Snapshots” series is catching on as a series-brand, this year the scale has been greatly expanded!
Apart from the competition & exhibition, there are workshops planned during the competition as well as many outings planned in conjunction with this competition & exhibition! The venue has also been Upsized, instead of doing the exhibition at the Piazza, we are moving the larger scale exhibition indoors to the Capitol Theatre!
Image: 2016 Snapshots of Heritage Photo Competition & Exhibition Opening Day.
– For 2017, the theme is “Snapshots of A Little Red Dot” – a photography competition & exhibition that celebrates all things Singaporean, the name “Snapshots of a Little Red Dot” aims to engage photographers of all levels to bring out the subject matter via digital photography & creative interpretations of the theme. More information about the theme & competition here.
How to Participate
– Based on your interpretation for the theme, snap a photo of either a building, place, cuisine, people, moments, objects of anything you deemed appropriate and relevant.
– Accompany it with a caption of not more than 30 words.
– Submit your entry via email to email@example.com together with your Full Name, NRIC and Mobile/Cell Number by Tuesday, 20 June 2017 before 11.59pm.
– All submitted entries that are accepted will be featured on the Snapshots of A Little Red Dot contest page on Ourshutterjourney.com
– 1st Place Prize: Olympus OM-D EM1 MarkII (Camera) + $2,000 Cash
– 2nd Place Prize: Olympus E-PL8 (Camera) + $1,500 Cash
– 3rd Place Prize: Olympus TG-4 TOUGH (Camera) + $1,000 Cash
– 15 x Consolation Prizes: Cathay Photo Product/Cash Vouchers + F&B & Retail Voucher from stores at Capitol Piazza
The Judging Panel & Exhibition Curator
1) Curator: AL Lee
– Capitol Piazza Representatives.
– Hilarion Goh (Chief Judge)
– Jino Lee (Judge)
– Tommy Chia (Judge)
– Liew Tong Leng (Judge)
The Photography Workshop Speakers
1) AL Lee
2) Hilarion Goh
3) Liew Tong Leng
4) Daniel Ho
5) Tan Boon Gee
1) How to Join Compeition – click here.
2) Competition Information – click here.
3) Prizes & Sponsors – click here.
4) Terms & Conditions – click here.
5) To View Accepted Entries – click here.
6) To View the Judging Panel – click here.
7) For Information on the Workshops – click here.
8) To attend the Planned Outings – click here.
Organizer: Capitol Piazza
Capitol Piazza panders to all who come seeking life’s finer pleasures. With seamlessly connected bespoke zones of retail, dining and entertainment, each promises businesses and customers an experience beyond exceptional.
Official Partner: Ourshutterjourney.com
Founded in 2009, Shutter Journey Singapore is one of the fastest growing photography consortium in Singapore. With 12 specific photography groups and 6 associated groups, the group has a combined memberships/ subscribers of over 200,000 at press time. Probably the first hobby photography group in Singapore with their very own authorized service centre, a network of accredited photography merchants, registered membership program & lots of activities, no wonder they are known as the Advocators of Carefree photography.
Olympus Singapore Pte Ltd is a subsidiary of Olympus Corporation, headquartered
in Japan. Olympus Singapore Pte Ltd is responsible for the marketing and distribution of Olympus consumer products in Singapore. The Olympus consumer range encompasses still and video imaging products, binoculars and digital audio recorders.
Your Vision, Our Future.
Official Sponsor: Cathay Photo Store Pte Ltd
Established in 1959, Cathay Photo since its very beginning has been driven by the objectives of providing the best photographic equipment, pricing and service to our customers. These objectives have ensured its continued growth from just two humble showcases occupying a quarter of a shop-front to its present five retail outlets, an administrative / distribution office and a warehouse.
It is constantly on the lookout for the latest gadgets and solutions to add to its line-up of over 60 internationally renowned brands, and recognizing the growing presence and popularity of HD video, due largely to the introduction of DSLR cameras with HD video capabilities, it made its foray into the Pro Video market, expanding its offering to products from brands such as Steadicam, Zacuto, Kessler Crane and Genus to name a few.
Having served the photography industry for over 50 years, and backed by its proud heritage, Cathay Photo is without doubt the preferred photographic retailer in Singapore today.
Official Lifestyle Media
Time Out Singapore is the most trusted source for events and culture in Singapore thanks to its independent, impartial, interesting and unbiased editorial and advice on what to do – making it unique from every other publication in the country and therefore enjoying a huge, loyal readership.
Time Out Singapore is among the most influential magazines in the little red dot, boasting a readership of over 600,000 affluent, outgoing people who share a love of finding out what’s going on and who actively participate in everything that’s happening in their city.