24th August 2017, Singapore – At 12.10pm (GMT +8.00), we received the official press release from Nikon Singapore about the long-rumored Nikon D850 DSLR. A quick check on Facebook reveals that many other camera sites had already posted up the full press releases with Editors already sharing their thoughts and comments – ahead of us and before we receiving the press release.
Screen Grabs of other sites announcing the release of Nikon D850 before we received the press release from Singapore’s Nikon office.
Since it’s meaningless for us to announce it again, we decided not to post up the full article as many of you would have read up on other sites. Anyway here’s some extracts from the mail we received. For the full information on Nikon D850 please visit www.nikon.com.sg
Nikon today announced the latest release of the D850 – the highly anticipated successor to the widely popular FX-format D810 released in 2014. Engineered with advanced features that deliver versatility and uncompromised performance across stills and video shooting, the D850 is geared towards the growing segment of hybrid photographers in wedding photography, and also of those in the genres of nature, events, and fashion.
D850 primary features:
- Equipped with a powerful 45.7-megapixel FX-Format CMOS sensor with silent photography feature and no mechanical blur
- Full-frame brilliance with 4K UHD (3840×2160)/30p support
- Complemented by NIKKOR’s extensive selection of high-performance interchangeable lenses, be it from the latest AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/1.4E ED, or the AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED for wide-angle landscapes, or the AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR
- 9fps or 7fps continuous shooting makes easy and adaptable tracking of moving subjects
- High-resolution tilting 3.2-inch touch-screen with 2359k-dot LCD monitor
- Dynamic range of native ISO 64 to 25600 and an extended low metering limit auto exposure (AE) shooting is enabled in low-light and a variety of situations
The D850 will be available from September 2017 with the AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR, or with the body-only configuration. For more information on the new D850 and other Nikon products, please visit www.nikon.com.sg. Pricing to be confirmed at a later date.